Tuesday, September 18, 2012

3 Restaurants in New York I'm Dying to Try

New York City. The Big Apple. Home to some of the best damn restaurants in the country thanks to some of the worlds most talented chefs. The following three restaurants have been on my radar for a long, long time. I have essentially been stalking these restaurants (and chefs),  reading every possible article, Yelp review and even checking the restaurant's website to view seasonal changes made to the menus.

Something all of these restaurants and chefs have in common is an underlying respect for food and the dining experience. All of them have received numerous accolades as a sign of their dedication to elevating our palates. Hopefully on my next trip to New York, I will be able to check some of these off of my list. But before I do, I better take out a bank loan so I don't go broke. Or hope someone else is paying.

1. Per Se
Per Se is one of seven restaurants in the country to receive three Michelin stars. It is described as the "urban interpretation" of The French Laundry, one of Keller's restaurants located in Yountville, California. The restaurant offers two nine-course tasting menus: a tasting of vegetables and a chefs tasting menu. The menus change daily, ensuring the diners they are eating the freshest, most seasonal items available such as sweet corn sorbet Riesling poached seckel pear. Located on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle, the views of Manhattan must be as breath taking as the taste of the food.
Diners reviews!

2. Le Bernardin
Head Chef Eric Rippert has taken fish to a new level at Le Bernardin by adding a French twist. Every type of fish known to man kind can be on found on his menus, from cobia to geoduck, and it all sounds absolutely delicious. I happen to be a seafood junkie so I already know I would have anxiety in deciding what to order. Just like Per Se, it is one of seven restaurants with three Michelin stars.
Diners reviews!

3. Eleven Madison Park
Eleven Madison Park offers a menu unlike anything I have seen before. Their dishes are only indicated on the menu by the main ingredients of the dish. Diners can tell their waiter if they have any likes or dislikes before the chef prepares the dish. This unique menu design gives the diner an element of surprise and makes it a one of a kind experience. This also allows the chefs to show off their talent and creativity, which is why Eleven Madison Park also has three Michelin stars.
Diners reviews!






No comments:

Post a Comment